WHEN CUTTING OR DRILLING, ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTIVE GLASSES OR GOGGLES AND A FACE MASK WHICH COVERS THE FACE
AND MOUTH. Itching due to glass fibers may be avoided by the use of barrier creams on exposed skin areas. Hearing protection is also recommended.
SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT
Supplies will vary depending on wall substrate, adhesive choice and seam treatment selection.
STANDARD FRP TOOLS NEEDED
- Crane Composites Laminate Roller (Part # R50ROLLER)
- Crane Composites V-notched Trowel 3/16 x 1/4 x 5/16 (Part # R50TROWEL)
- Circular saw with fine tooth carbide tipped saw blade
- Swivel-head 18 gauge shears
- Drywall Roto-Zip®
- Flat edge finishing tool (putty knife or equivalent)
- Crane Composites FRP Panels
- Adhesive – Crane Advanced Polymer Adhesive (R53829) or Crane Fast Grab Adhesive (R53828) Refer to page 5 for assistance in selecting the appropriate adhesive
- Soap and water for clean-up (Latex or Polymer adhesives)
- Saw horses
- Plywood larger than panels
- Dry, lint free rags
- Sandpaper or Paper Tiger® Wallpaper Removal Tool for roughing up wall
- Tape measure
- Utility knife
- Six-penny finishing nails
- Carbide tipped laminate cutter
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If installation room has high humidity (65% or higher) then a portable low-cost dehumidifier unit is suggested.
- Color Coordinating Caulk
- Seam Sealant (cleanroom only)
- Cleanroom Wall System Seam Sealant – 7555 Urethane Sealant (R53827)
- Applicator – Pneumatic Dual Chamber Applicator Gun (R50CAULKGUN)
- 400ml Static Mixing Tips – 3/8 x 11 x 24 EL
- Finishing Kit – Inline Seam and Radial Seam Finishers for seam smoothing (R50SEAM-KIT)
- Panel Tape – 1 by 144 yds (R53522)
- Solvent for clean-up (IPA, acetone)
- Protective gloves needed when using seam sealant
Panels should be stored indoors on a solid, flat, dry surface other than the floor. Do not stack on concrete floor or any other surface that emits moisture. Lay panels flat with proper support on the ends of panels. Do not stand panels on edge. All FRP panels must be stored inside. Optimum storage conditions are 60° to 75° (16°C to 24°C) and 35% to 55% relative humidity (Figure 1).